We are passionate about not only providing housing and building new homes in Stockport, but helping to transform the lives of our customers, by ensuring we attract and retain the best staff.
Stockport Homes was formed in 2005, to manage housing stock across Stockport on behalf of Stockport Council. As a limited company, we operate as an ALMO which is an ‘Arms Length Management Organisation’, so whilst the company is owned by the Council, we operate independently on day-to-day matters and delivering services to our customers.
In 2016, we were named the UK’s Top Landlord in the 24Housing magazine Top 50 Landlords vote. We were also recognised as one of Britain’s best employers for the seventh year running in the Sunday Times 'Best not-for-profit organisations to work for' category.
We are looking forward to the future, having signed a brand new management agreement with the Council in 2015, we will be continuing to manage homes and transform lives until 2042.
Being an ALMO means that we have the opportunity to bid for significant amounts of money for investment in homes. We also receive income from other sources relating to the various services provided, including during recent times over £2m of funding from the Homes and Communities Agency to deliver new build properties around the Borough.
We are consistently recognised as leaders in many fields of our delivery, delivering the best services by being a great place to work. We have also recently set up a group structure which will see new companies formed providing even more opportunities for our customers and staff.
For more information about us, visit the 'who we are' page.
We are a strong values driven organisation and are looking for people who can embrace our ‘SMILE’ culture to deliver services and to transform lives. Our culture is SMILE – Support, Motivate, Innovate, Learn and Enjoy.
- Exceed customer expectations and always do the right thing
- Support customers in all aspects of their lives through effective partnership working
- Create greener places to live and work and continually minimise our impact on the environment
- Develop our thriving, safe and sustainable neighbourhoods, maximising our contribution to meeting housing need
- Involve customers, staff and the Board in decision making and create opportunities for them to fulfil their potential
- Grow by making the best use of our resources and diversifying into businesses that complement what we already do